Why Every Chiropractor Needs SEO
As a chiropractor, it can prove challenging to bring in new patients to your practice. Sometimes, chiropractors will get patients via referrals from other medical practitioners. However, most people will simply run a quick search for chiropractic care on search engines like Google or Bing and give the top two or three listings a call.
To take advantage of search engines, you need a strategic chiropractor SEO campaign run by an SEO company. By working your way towards that ever-important top ranking, you’ll increase your chances of getting new customers with the power of SEO digital marketing.
Below, we’ve outlined the main reasons to pursue an SEO search engine campaign and the essential steps to follow to reach success.
3 Reasons Chiropractors Should Begin a Local Chiropractor SEO Campaign
To break it down even further, we’re going over three specific reasons you should begin a local search campaign through search engine optimization.
1) Google Rankings
Remember back when phone books were the solution to find something you needed locally? Not anymore. Now, a local SEO strategy is king. If you’re hoping to bring more clients to your chiropractic practice, you need to be online. Nearly 97 percent of consumers are now going online when looking for services or products locally. That’s a great big customer base you’re missing out on without SEO.
2) Potential for Free Traffic
If we told you there was a ton of completely free online marketing website traffic out there just waiting to find your website, would you take it? Well, there is. Paid advertising can quickly add up for any business, but improving your Google ranking can be completely free and land you a whole host of new website visitors through SEO. Then, you can convert those visitors into new patients!
3) Quick Results
Huge companies with international reach often have a hard time seeing any immediate results through SEO. But not local businesses like chiropractic, because you’re only competing with the direct competitors that are in the same area as you. That means with careful chiropractor SEO strategies; you can make your way to the first page of Google search results and see your numbers quickly improve.
A Successful Chiropractic Business Needs A Successful Website
When done correctly, a chiropractic website can serve as a powerful SEO digital marketing tool for your chiropractic practice. If it’s set up incorrectly or managed poorly, however, it can weigh your company down with expenses but not much ROI to show for it.
So, what qualifies your chiropractic website as a “successful” website?
- For starters, create a home page that captures your visitors’ attention and keeps them interested.
- Then, be sure to include some information about your practice and methodology so new patients can get a sense of what their experience would be like at your clinic.
- You’ll also want to share credentials and bios of the doctors there to verify their authority.
- Next, be sure to showcase the services your clinic offers with a description of treatment options.
- Finally, include a contact page so that any website visitor will be able to pick up the phone to call you or drive to your office location. This will all boost your SEO ranking as well.
A Responsive Website
Another key aspect of successful websites is responsiveness. What is responsiveness, and why is it so important?
Responsiveness refers to how quickly your site responds to visitor actions and formatting changes. For example, does it pull up correctly when accessed via phone vs. desktop? If a new customer clicks “contact here,” does the page load within a few seconds?
When a website is very responsive, it offers a few benefits to your chiropractic business:
- Mobile-friendly?– A responsive site works well on any mobile device.
- Uninterrupted user experience?– There are no delays when new patients are trying to access the site.
- Works on any resolution?– The site will automatically adjust to whatever size and resolution are needed.
The content that lives on your website is also an integral part of a truly successful chiropractor website. The content should not only be plentiful, but it should also be high-quality for the best results.
To get started creating content:
- Think about the search terms used on Google that your potential patients might be typing in. Then, create content around those terms. This will help Google index your site for those terms so you can land high up in the rankings!
- Offer solutions to your potential patients’ problems and topics that would be relevant to your ideal new patients. Fill up your website with this kind of SEO content via blog posts, videos, and articles.
By providing quality information, potential new patients will see your level of expertise on the matter. Not only does this help your website visitor, but it also builds up your authority and credibility.
The Steps Successful Chiropractor SEOs Take In The Digital Marketing Space
Now that you see just how search engines can lend your business a hand, what are you waiting for? It’s time to begin your local chiropractor SEO campaign and make the most of this beneficial online marketing tactic.
Step 1: Keyword Research, Keyword Research, Did I say Keyword Research?
Your very first task is to create a list of terms that accurately reflect your clinic and your services. These are called SEO keywords. To get you started, some chiropractor SEO terms you might want to consider are “car accident chiropractor,” “chiropractic adjustment,” or “spinal manipulation.”
Once your list gets pretty full, go ahead and create an account with Google Adwords. Don’t worry – this search engine tool is completely free to sign up.
Within Google Adwords, you’ll be able to access Google Keyword Planner. This SEO tool can help your business by providing traffic gauges for each search term. It will tell you the amount of traffic each SEO term drives and also suggest new terms.
Now, you can go ahead and split your Keyword Planner-assisted list into two. These lists will categorize the SEO terms into two groups:
Research intent keyword terms are usually just looking and not quite ready to convert (or buy). They might consider using your services or products down the road, but they’re not there right now. For example, a term of “do chiropractors offer facials” would indicate that they’re just curious about the service offerings.
While these SEO terms are lower priority, they’re still useful! These terms are great to include within your blogs or on an FAQ page so that interested parties can learn more about you until they’re ready to buy.
Buying intent keywords, on the other hand, indicate that someone is ready to purchase, or in the case of SEO for chiropractors, ready to become a patient.
If someone enters in a term such as “auto accident chiropractor Sacramento” into a search engine such as Google or Bing, it’s safe to assume that they’ve been in a car crash or have had a loved one get injured in a car crash recently and are looking for chiropractic treatment.
Since these terms usually have immediate motivation behind them, it’s better to focus your search engine optimization campaign on buying intent SEO keywords. You’ll see the quickest conversions with this digital marketing technique. Be sure to include them within your homepage, and try to create full-service pages built around each one.
Step 2: Put Your Keywords To Good Use
Now that you’ve gathered a robust list of buying intent SEO keywords (maybe with a few research intent SEO KWs thrown in), it’s time to put these keywords to good use through SEO strategies. Get started by optimizing them in both your Google My Business listing and your website.
Google My Business?
Your Google My Business listing functions as a mini-website that pops up on the right side of the Google search engine results page. It offers a quick summary of your business and key details, such as your hours and office address.
You can boost your search results ranking by filling out the following sections of your Google My Business listing:
- Verification – Make sure to claim your page and follow Google’s verification instructions. You’ll see a checkmark and “Verified” next to your listing’s name when complete.
- NAP – Include a name, address, and phone number that identically matches all web references to your business.
- Categories – Choose the appropriate category that your listing falls under. You should include “chiropractor” as well as other relevant terms like “sports injury chiropractor” or “pediatric adjustments.”
- Description- Create a short description between 100-200 words that shares what your business offers and why patients love seeing you.
- Hours – Include accurate hours of operation
- Images- Add an image to boost digital marketing engagement
You should also pay attention to your website and how you can optimize it for search engines using your list of SEO keywords.
Begin by focusing on your homepage as well as service pages. Later on, you can then focus on optimizing your blog, FAQ, and other pages. Here are some quick tips for these top 2 important website pages:
- Homepage: Make sure you include a title tag that includes the SEO term “chiropractor,” as well as your practice name and the city you’re located in. Also, add a main headline that is concise but descriptive of your geographical position. Finally, include page copy between 500-1000 words that describes your experience, background, and services. Don’t forget to include a “Contact Us” section.
- Service Pages: Give each service offering its page. From there, focus on buying intent SEO keywords and include them throughout.
Step 3: Develop Citations and Links
Citations and links will both help to improve your Google rankings and increase your website’s search results reach.
Citations refer to your listing within a directory of businesses. This could be large, like Yelp or Facebook. It could also refer to small lists, like a local Chamber of Commerce site. Check to see which sections are driving the most traffic, and set up your NAP listings there.
Inbound links from authority sites that have credibility in Google’s eyes are a great way to build relationships with other complementary companies and boost your rankings. To motivate cross-promotion, offer to swap links, and promote each other’s business.
Step 4: Reviews, Reviews, Reviews
Reviews are essential for chiropractic SEO on two different levels:
- First, they tell Google that you are running a legitimate business, complete with happy customers.
- They also convince potential prospects to give your business a try.
To get the fastest boost in rankings, direct your patients to leave reviews on your Google My Business listing.
Step 5: It Must Be Measured
How can you prove that you ran a successful local search campaign without the results to show for it? To see just how good your SEO for chiropractors was, focus on these three main metrics:
- Rankings?– Use Google Search Console to check rankings at least once a month
- Traffic?– Track website visitors through Google Analytics each month. Look for long-term trends.
- Conversions – Track different levels of conversion with Google Analytics. Find out which pages are performing the best and the worst. Tweak accordingly.
Ready To Get Started?
Armed with the understanding of how chiropractor SEO can boost your practice’s success, you’re now ready to try out all you’ve learned. Take your time as you work through the process, and be sure to complete each one entirely before moving on to the next.
If you are looking for a reliable SEO campaign for your chiropractic website, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re a digital marketing agency in northern California that specializes in SEO and PPC. We help small business owners across the country with their SEO.